Book Review : Fangirl



This book is sooo good ... I frickin' love it!
This book is about a girl named Cather, but likes to be called Cath, who has a twin sister called Wren (their mum wasn't expecting twins hence their names : Cather-Wren)
Cath and her sister are both Simon Snow fans, apparently everyone in this book knows about Simon Snow, it's kind of like Harry Potter. They're both going into college and Wren announces to Cath that she doesn't want them to be roommates this year, she wants to make new friends and see other people. Cath doesn't have many friends and is stuck with a ''suprising'' roommate,Reagan, who smokes and is always inviting her good looking ''boyfriend'', Levi, over to their dorm.
Cath and Wren are both huge Simon Snow fans, Wren kind of grows out of it, but Cath is still that fan she was years back, so she decides to write her own sequel to the book and release it before the last Simon Snow book comes out.
Since this is Cath's first year without having Wren with her every second of the day, she's worried that she wont make it.

I love this post because I can relate to Cath in some ways, no I'm not a socially awkward person who can't get through the day without having my brothers behind my back, but I can relate to the fact that she loves writing and writes about things that she loves, that's what we have in common, I mean if I didn't, I wouldn't have this blog.
The book is so entertaining, I could read it for hours and hours and not get bored of it, I didn't want it to end,  I just wanted it to go on and on, I wanted to know every single detail and everything that went on in their lives. This book spoke to me, and that's exactly what I liked in The DUFF, it's what I want in every book, I can connect to the main character (in this case Cath) in deep levels, Rainbow, the author, did a great job with this book, heck I would even read her shopping list.
This book was exactly what I needed in my life, I felt like it was written just for me, I bet many of you out there who have read the book feel that way too, I spend lots of my time talking to my internet friends rather than my real friends, Cath is just the most awesome person ever and don't get me started on Levi... all the characters in this book have a little something that makes me love them, there's always that one character I hate in every book, but not in this one, I love how Rainbow made the characters so realistic, I mean Levi working in Starbucks, it's not everyday you see such an ordinary job in a book.

Final thoughts : This book was awesomely written and has an adorable love story in it, after reading this book I think that no other guy could live up to Levi.

I demand I second part... I really need to know how their lives continue and how Cath's fanfiction story ends and whatever happened to Nick , I also need to know what happens to their mother and if Cath ever meets Levi's parents and I want to know why Wren and her roommate had a falling out. There are many things I need to know about this book and it would be awesome if Rainbow Rowell published a part two to this book.




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top